More Ways to Green Your Holiday 3Mid December is the time of year that the internet abounds with useful tips to green your holiday and a multitude of tips to lighten your environmental impact over the holidays. The Most Repeated Eco Holiday Tips Switch to LED lights to conserve massive amounts of electricity and forego the wrapping paper for something homemade from old magazines, newspapers or brown bags and festive bows. [caption id="" align="alignleft" width="178"] Image by Luca Penati via Flickr[/caption] Ways to save money and environmental impact include:
- From Eco-Wrap Your Holiday Gifts: Use vintage tins, reusable bags or eco paper to wrap your special gift.
- Buy presents that don't require packaging such as gift certificates, movie passes or restaurant cards.
- Don't wrap the presents or buy presents that don't need wrapping such as a charitable donation.
- Give reusable shopping bags for gifts. Everyone should own these anyway.
- Make your own gift with a reusable bag, fair trade coffee, a stainless steel water bottle and some soap nuts.
- Make your own ornaments either from recycled materials or fun items from a thrift store.